Macmillan Practice Online guide for teachers
Macmillan Practice Online is an online practice environment for learners of English. Students log in to complete resources from an online course that can match the syllabus of a Macmillan book, offer preparation for a specific exam or practice for general and business English. Macmillan Practice Online offers teachers optional access to connect with students and monitor their progress. This is a quick start guide to help teachers begin using Macmillan Practice Online.
Viewing student scores
The scores for all resources that students complete are recorded and can be viewed by you if the student has joined your class.
To view a student's score:
1. From the home page click on the title of the class.
2. Click ‘Student overview’.
3. Then click on the tick icon next to the student you'd like to view.
Once you've opened the Markbook/Gradebook click 'Download pdf version' to export the student's scores.
The scores are recorded as a percentage except for Sample Essays, Web Projects and Games which show as ‘Viewed’ or ‘Not viewed'.
To compare how students have scored in specific resources:
1. From the 'Classes' tab, select the course you'd like to see.
2. Each box to the right of the course topic represents a resource. Red boxes mean no students have completed the resource, orange boxes mean some have and green boxes mean all students in the class have.
3. Click on a box to see who has completed that resource and their scores.